1 cup Mirsko Risoni Pasta, uncooked
1 tbs of Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil and more to garnish
4 cloves of garlic, diced
1 medium head of broccoli, chopped
1 large zucchini, chopped
1/2 cup of green lentils, cooked (optional)
Fine Sea Salt and pepper to taste
Lemon juice to taste, about a tablespoon
1 tbs of capers, small or if large, chopped up
Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add plenty of salt so that it tastes like the sea. Once it is boiling, add your uncooked risoni and cook until just al dente (about eight minutes). Don't overcook.
- While your risoni is cooking, In a large pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil then add your garlic and capers. Cook on medium heat until the garlic is aromatic but don't allow to burn.
- Add in your chopped vegetables (I chopped mine roughly into small pieces)
- Season your vegetables with salt and pepper to taste (not too salty if you are adding parmesan cheese at the end)
- Sautee your vegetables until just tender, giving them a stir ever so often.
- Add in cooked lentils just before adding the risoni.
- Once your risoni is al dente, drain your pasta, reserving a cup of cooking liquid.
- Add your risoni to the green vegetables and stir. Add in the pasta cooking liquid a little bit at a time to make a sauce and to help combine the risoni, vegetables and lentils.
- Add in lemon juice to taste
- Add parmesan in the last minute and stir around to melt into the pasta.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of EVOO and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top.
Recipe by @angelamanners @vanillabeige.com