AT A GLANCE
Total Time: Under 2 hours
7 Medium Potatoes, Peeled
250ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
75ml Sunflower Oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt and pepper
- Using a large sharp knife, make slices into the potatoes without cutting all the way through the end so that they look like little accordions
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Place all the sliced potatoes neatly in a baking dish and pour the oil around them (be sure to pour a little oil in between the slices too!). Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, then turn the heat up to 230°C (450°F) and pour a little lemon juice over each potato. Bake for another 25 minutes.
- Lift each potato out of the oil. Dab them on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil before placing on a plate to serve.