INGREDIENTSFor the dough:
325 g Schar Mix C Patisserie Gluten Free Flour
2 large eggs
250 g icing sugar
grated zest of 1/2 organic lemon
2 tablespoons anise seeds
1 tablespoon cherry seeds
- To make the dough: Place the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat for 10 minutes until creamy.
- Next add the lemon peel, the cherry brandy and the star anis.
- Gradually add the sieved flour. Use the kneading hook to mix the mixture.
- Cover the dough in the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to rest.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (top and bottom heat setting) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Divide the slightly sticky dough into four. Hand-roll each section into a sausage shape.
- Cut into approx. 4 cm long pieces.
- Use a very sharp knife to cut into the pieces 3 – 4 times, and shape into a half-moon.
- Place on the baking tray and allow to dry over night at room temperature (the ‘Chräbeli’ will not be cooked correctly if it’s exposed to a draft).
- In a well preheated oven, bake on the lowest shelf for 15 minutes.
- NOTE: Careful! Don’t open the oven door in the first 10 minutes of baking, or the ‘Chräbeli’ won’t form their ‘foot’.
- Allow the ‘Chräbeli’ to cool on a cooling rack.
- Store in a metal biscuit tin.
Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, No Milk Added