500 g Schar Mix B Bread Mix Gluten Free Flour
100 g butter
200 ml lukewarm water
9 g dry yeast OR
21 g fresh yeast
50 g sugar
1 pinch of Greek Fine Sea Salt
1 tablespoon grated organic orange peel
1 tablespoon grated organic lemon peel
3 tablespoons orange liqueur
3 tablespoons orange blossom water OR orange juice
1 teaspoon Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 dried bean
For the decoration:
100 g icing sugar
2 tablespoons orange blossom water OR orange juice
100 g candied fruit
20 g flaked almonds
- Melt the butter. Mix together the yeast, sugar and milk, and leave to stand for 10 minutes. Mix together the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Add the yeast/milk mixture, orange and lemon rinds, eggs, orange liqueur and juice, and kneed into a soft dough for 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a bowl that has been greased with oil, cover with a damp cloth and leave to stand in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Kneed the dough lightly, roll it into a fat sausage shape and place in a 28 cm bundt cake tin.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave to stand for another 45 minutes. Preheat the oven to 220°. Place a bowl of water in the oven.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes until golden brown. After 10 minutes, reduce the temperature to 200°. Note: before baking, spray water into the oven.
- Mix together the icing sugar and orange juice to make a glaze. Spread the glaze over the cake and decorate with the candied fruit and flaked almonds.
Gluten Free, Wheat Free