AT A GLANCE
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking / Baking Time: 45 min
Paying Time: 15 min
Servings: x 4
1 pack Schar Gluten Free Spaghetti
6 medium tomatoes
plenty of hot water or vegetable broth
Salt Odyssey Fleur De Sel
1 bunch of parsley
500g brown mushrooms (small sized), cut into small cubes
250 g walnuts (grated into small pieces)
Greek Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 medium white onion finely chopped
6 cloves of garlic
Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cumin, Allspice, 1 tsp. in total
- Wash the tomatoes thoroughly, remove the stalks and cut them into 4 pieces.
- In a small, preferably ceramic, pot (otherwise simple anti-stick pot) add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the tomatoes, top up and place it in a strong fire. Soften them for 10 minutes to get the taste of a tomato paste.
- Then add the garlic, a pinch of fleur de sel and about 300ml of broth or water, top again and simmer for 25 minutes or until the liquids are about the thickness of a finger in height.
- In the meantime, in a ceramic pan, with 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil, sauté the onion, the mushrooms as you add salt and pepper. After softened well, add 150 ml of water or broth, the walnuts, the spices and half the parsley. Once the liquids dry out, close the fire.
- Put the boiled tomatoes in a blender to create a thick sauce. Mix the mushrooms with the sauce and boil for 10 minutes until they bind.
- Boil the pasta following the instructions, serve the sauce on top or stir in a pan, garnish with parsley and some vegan cheese.