For the filling:
- Lightly fry the peeled and sliced red onion and peppers in a frying pan to soften.
- Combine the flour, yeast, salt and skimmed milk powder together in a bowl.
- Add the oil and tepid water (1/3 boiling, 2/3rds cold) and stir to make a smooth, stiff batter.
- Place half the bread batter into the tin and layer on the red onion and peppers and sprinkle over half the oregano.
- Spoon over the remaining bread batter and top with the remaining filling ingredients. Cover with oiled cling film.
- Leave to prove in a warm place for 45 minutes or until mixture has risen by half.
- Remove film, drizzle with a little more olive oil and bake in a preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Serve warm in wedges. Once cool store in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 3 days.
- Warm before eating for best results.
Use 1 small roasting tin or a square 20cm tin, greased, baking parchment can be used if desired