INGREDIENTSFor the dough
1 tablespoon Schar Mix C Patisserie Gluten Free Flour
400 g Schar Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
225 g sugar beet syrup
225 g butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon gingerbread spice mix
350 g sultanas
350 g raisins
225 g Corinth raisins
100 g candid orange peel and candid lemon peel, finely chopped
50 g almonds, chopped
2 cooking apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
grated zest of 1/2 organic lemon
1/2 grated lemon peel
2 eggs, beaten
300 ml curdled milk OR
300 ml butter milk
180 ml milk
PREPARATIONChristmas Pudding is traditionally made two days before Christmas or before serving!
- Grease 2 1-litre pudding basins.
- In a large roomy bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (sieved flour, breadcrumbs, salt, Christmas spice mix, dried and candied fruits and chopped almonds).
- Add the apples along with the lemon peel, lemon juice, eggs, soured milk and sugarbeet syrup and stir well. Add enough milk to create a soft, moist consistency.
- Divide the contents of the mixing bowl between the two pudding basins, cover with greaseproof paper and aluminium foil. Make a fold in the middle and secure with a string tied around the rim. Allow to rest overnight.
- Place the pudding basins in a pan with simmering water and steam for 4-5 hours. Top up the water from time to time.
- Carefully remove the basins from the pan and allow to cool. Remove the foil and the greaseproof paper and replace these with fresh foil and paper.
Heat for a further 2 hours. Serve with brandy butter.
Gluten Free, Wheat Free