1 package Schar Gluten Free Hamburger Buns
1/4 cup cucumber, grated
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
3 tbsp dill, chopped
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 pinch cayenne pepper
530 g chickpeas
1/2 Greek feta cheese crumbled
1/3 cup red bell pepper, minced
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Make the tzatziki sauce:
- Check out our recipe here
Make the burgers:
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas, then transfer them to a medium bowl and mash well with a fork.
- Add bread crumbs, spinach, feta cheese, bell pepper, onion, scallions, water, and remaining 2 tablespoons of dill. Use your hands to mix well.
- Form mixture into 4 burgers, using approximately 1 cup of the mixture for each burger.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Add burgers to skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Add additional oil if needed. Flip burgers and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides.
- Place burgers on hamburger buns and top with tzatziki sauce.