|80 g||Schar Gluten Free Mix C Pâtisserie Flour|
|For the sponge cake:|
|300 g||peeled almonds|
|30 ml||lemon juice|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|1 pinch||Greek Fine Sea Salt|
|For the garnish:|
|a little bit of||icing sugar|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a round cake tin (Ø 24 cm) and dust with flour.
- Separate the eggs and beat the egg white to stiff peaks.
- Beat the egg yolk in a bowl with the sugar, until foamy. Add the almonds, carrots, lemon zest, salt and cinnamon to the egg mixture.
- Stir the sieved flour together with the baking powder and fold carefully into the egg yolk mixture. Add the beaten egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 1 hour. Check the cake is done by piercing it with a wooden cocktail stick. When the stick comes out clean, the cake is ready and can be removed from the oven to cool.
- Before serving: Dust the cake with icing sugar and decorate with almonds.