- Preheat the oven to 175°C (top and bottom heat setting) and line a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
- Beat the sugarbeet syrup with butter, salt and cinnamon until frothy.
- Mix the sieved flour with the baking powder and stir into the sugarbeet mixture.
- Rest the dough in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Roll the dough out on a surface dusted with flour and cut out star shapes.
- Place the shapes on the baking tray and bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
- Roll the dough out to 2 mm thick on a floured surface.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the circular biscuit shapes and then bake them in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Fill the biscuits with jam and dust with icing sugar, and leave to rest.
Gluten Free, Wheat Free